Sunday 14 December 2014

P & P - Part Two The Moment - Exercise 2 - Capturing The Moment

This exercise asks for concentration on a burst of activity from which I should try and capture a "best" moment.

Well its not very often you have an air ambulance helicopter land just in front of your house.

It having landed before I was aware of what was really happening and gathered my camera and attached a telephoto lens I knew from then on I was waiting to capture the moment of the helicopter's take-off.

I've detailed several of the images amongst about 90 that I took saving what I feel is the best image until last

Image 1




Image 2




Image 3




Image 4



I prefer image 4 as the helicopter looks less constrained and appears more as a vehicle of the air, especially with more of the sky in view. On the horizon middle left is a very small airfield so seemed apt to include with the helicopter.

Making the Local Papers
Some may say "no publicity is bad publicity" and I managed to get an image into the local paper The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Review with my eye witness report.




Exercise Learning

1. Opportunity can arrive at the most unlikeliest of moments, always be prepared to take advantage

2. When something is about to happen make sure you and your equipment and ready and prepared as once it starts it make be too late to correct or there insufficient time to adjust

3. Shoot quickly giving sufficient room in the frame for future post processing adjustments. I'm learning this one

4. I have sent a selection of images to the local paper for potential inclusion. I reserve the rights and just ask for a photo credit

5.Publicity of images in a local paper will help get my name associated with photography and I would help assist my marketable skills

As a footnote the affected individual was treated on scene by ground medical staff but it was reassuring of the speed the medical people can get to a scene and how many risk their lives every day to help save others

No comments:

Post a Comment